Free shipping. Free returns.
Modify or cancel anytime
Frequently Asked Questions
How is type:A different from other non-toxic deodorants?
So glad you asked! Our biggest point of differentiation is our patent-pending sweat-activated formula. Each and every time you sweat, type:A's odor fighters and wetness absorbers spring into action. This helps create a time-release effect for the active ingredients, which allows for long-lasting odor and wetness protection.
Another way we’re different - our deodorant comes in a super cool tube. When we set out to create a smarter deodorant formula, we realized that the best way to deliver our sweat-activated technology was in a cream form. And we felt that our exclusive tube was the fastest, easiest, cleanest way to apply this high-performance deodorant cream.
Also very important, we believe deodorant shouldn't hurt. Other natural deodorants made with baking soda can have a rough, sandpapery texture which can be very irritating on delicate underarm skin. With our sweat-activated technology, ingredients like baking soda are used minimally and suspended in soothing glycerin - they aren't just scraped across your skin when you apply the deodorant. This means that more people can enjoy type:A’s soft, smooth formula without any irritation.
How do type:A subscriptions work?
We offer 2-pack subscriptions for all of our full-size tubes, with 5% off plus free shipping. With our subscription program, you will receive two tubes of deodorant in your chosen scent every 4, 6 or 8 months. We'll give you a heads up prior to your subscription renewing and there’s no commitment required! You can easily modify or cancel any time.
How often will I need to replace my tube of type:A deodorant?
How often you will need to replace your tube of type:A deodorant depends on what kind of deo user you are. On average, it takes about two to three months to finish up one tube of type:A.
How much type:A should I apply?
Give the tube a squeeze, enough for 3 dollops to appear and swipe it on like a stick, covering your whole underarm area. If in doubt, start with less and you can always apply more!
People who smell amazing
Make the most of it
How to useYou’ve probably been using deodorant for years, but have you ever tried it in a tube? It’s super squ-easy. Once you try it, you’ll never go back. Just follow these steps:
- Give the tube a good squeeze.
- Swipe on, just like a stick.
- Take on your day.
For best results
- To get the most mileage out of your deodorant, apply to clean, dry skin.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment! Use as much (or as little) as you need. Just make sure you cover the entire underarm area, like you would with a stick ;).
- If you’ve just shaved, your skin might be a bit sensitive. If that’s the case, try waiting a little before applying (say 10 to 20 minutes).
Aluminum free is the way to beAluminum is the active ingredient in antiperspirant that keeps you dry – it plugs the sweat ducts under your arms, so sweat can't escape. But sweating is your body’s way of eliminating toxins, plus it’s good for you!
Breaking up with aluminumYour body may need time to adjust to something better. Don’t sweat it ;-). We’ve got you covered. Here's what to expect:
- While detoxing, you may sweat or smell differently for about 2 weeks, though some people experience no detox at all; everyone is different!
- Be consistent. Reverting to your old antiperspirant during the detox makes it harder for your body to fully adjust. Be prepared for a mid-day refresh if needed and stick with it.
- To help the detox along, try using a charcoal or clay mask under your arms, or a mild acid-based facial toner, to draw impurities out of your skin.
Before you know it, you’ll be in a new relationship, a non-toxic one. Your future self will thank you!