Purpose and Scope
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 16 (or other age as required by law). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you can contact us at email@example.com or 800-478-1904. If we learn we have collected any personal information from a child in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
Personal Information We May Collect
We may collect the following types of information:
Information You Provide
When you interact with us, such as by creating an account on the Website, making online purchases, signing up for a subscription, signing up for our newsletter, signing up to refer a friend to Type:A, or communicating with us, we may collect information such as your name, email address, billing and delivery addresses, phone number, password, credit card details, your product preferences, and your purchase history.
If we contact you to participate in a survey, you may be asked to provide personal information such as your name, address, email address, postal address, or phone number.
We may offer channels through which you can comment about Type:A, such as on our social media pages or by reviewing Type:A on the Website. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered public information and is not subject to privacy protections.
We may run sweepstakes or contests, and if we do, we may use contact information that you provide to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes, if permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of winners.
You may not provide information to us about someone else without that person’s prior consent.
Information We Collect Automatically or From Others
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect information about you, such as your use of links or ads to arrive at the Site, internet protocol (“IP”) address, access provider, user settings, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, and location information. We may also collect information about the pages that you visit on the Site, the links you click, the types of content you interact with, and the frequency and duration of your activities on the Site. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices.
A cookie is a browser feature that assigns a unique identification to your computer. The information collected from cookies allows us to provide better customer service to you and to improve features of our Site in a variety of ways, including by determining whether you have visited the Site in the past and which pages of our Site you have visited.
If you are uncomfortable with the idea of your information being used in this way, most computer systems and web browsers offer privacy settings and options, such as disabling cookies or opting for “Do Not Track” features. We do not override these settings or options. However, in order to access certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of the Site, you may be required to provide us with certain information, including some types of personally identifying information. If you do not wish to provide such information through the Site or if you opt to utilize the aforementioned privacy features of your computer system or web browser, you may be unable to obtain certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of the Site.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal information in order to fulfill a contract with you, to comply with legal obligations, or to pursue our legitimate interests, including:
- Managing your information and account
- Processing and fulfilling orders
- Verifying your identity and preventing fraud
- Providing access to certain areas, features, and functionalities of the Website
- Processing financial information and payment methods in connection with orders
- Communicating with you regarding your account, order status, shipment of orders, changes to our policies, legal notifications, or other service messages
- In connection with customer services inquiries
- Helping to develop new or better products or services
- Promoting, advertising, marketing, and selling our products and services
- Learning about our customer base to understand their behavior, activities, preferences, and needs
- Offering contests, sweepstakes, or promotions
- Fulfilling rewards or discounts
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible
- Improving our website
- Ensuring internal quality control
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Enforcing our terms and policies
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities
- For research, analytical, recordkeeping, and reporting purposes
- Complying with any legal or regulatory obligations, process, or provisions
- For any other purpose you consent to at the time you provide the personal information
We may also allow third parties (such as advertising networks) to collect personal information about you through our Site for online behavioral advertising purposes.
In order to better serve you, we may combine information you provide to us on the Site with information from third parties, including demographic or public information.
How We May Share Your Information
We do not disclose your personal information except as provided below. We do not transfer your information outside of the United States. If you voluntarily share information about yourself in a public area on our Site or on our social media pages (such as by leaving a review or commenting on a social media post), any content or information you disclose in these areas can be read, collected, and used by other persons or entities.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to other businesses or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration and we have not done so in the past 12 months. In the past 12 months, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about customers for a business purpose:
- Identification information, including name, email address, telephone number, postal address, and IP address or other unique online identifier.
- Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories, preferences, or tendencies.
- Network activity information, including information regarding interaction with the Site, or advertisements, such as browsing or search activity.
- Geolocation data.
- Payment information, which is securely transmitted directly to our payment gateways and is not received or stored by Type:A.
We may share information collected through the Site with our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and like-minded business partners for the purpose of providing you with the products and services you seek from the Site. We may also share your mailing address and shopping history with other catalog mail companies.
From time to time, Type:A may disclose the data collected through the Site, including personal information, to other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy. In such cases we might rent, exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including contact information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
Additionally, we may share information with service providers, subcontractors, and business partners who have been retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us. These services include:
- Order fulfillment, warehousing, and delivery;
- Advertising, marketing, surveys, and promotions, including partnerships and teaming efforts with other companies whose products or services we think you might enjoy;
- Information technology and office services, including software and website development, website hosting, management and evaluation, and data processing, exchange, and cross-referencing;
- Payment processing services, fraud protection, and credit risk reduction; and
- Legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers.
To learn more about behavioral advertising and your options with these practices, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org/choices, https://www.datalogix.com/privacy, and http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
We reserve the right to disclose information about you to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process.
We may disclose your information to any other person or entity if you consent to the disclosure.
Retention of Personal Information
Your Rights and Choices Regarding Personal Information
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you have established an account on the Site or signed up to receive electronic newsletters or promotional emails from Type:A, including new products, special offers, and event information, or to otherwise receive communications about our products and services, you will have the right at any time to opt out of receiving marketing emails or to specify which, if any, communications you would like to receive from us. Should you ever decide to delete your account, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing via email, click the unsubscribe link on the footer of marketing emails. If you would like to opt-out of receiving communication via postal mail, contact email@example.com or call customer service at 800-478-1904. Type:A will continue to send you transaction-related emails, non-promotional service emails concerning your account, such as emails relating to available upgrades, billing and payment information, and other emails relating to your account and/or your use of the Site.
To learn more about your rights as a consumer and to receive less advertising mail, please visit the Direct Marketing Association at http://www.dmachoice.org.
At your request, Type:A will confirm what personal information it collects or holds about you, and will correct, update and/or remove such information (and you can correct, amend, or delete your personal information on the Site yourself). If you ask that Type:A stops using or sharing your personal information, we will honor that request. However Type:A may retain records of your personal information for a period of time; for example, to follow-up on a request, resolve a dispute or for similar reasons or in order to comply with applicable federal, state, or local laws. In addition, some personal information may also continue to be stored on back-up files for financial, legal, or technical reasons.
Most computer systems and web browsers offer privacy settings and options, such as disabling cookies or opting for “Do Not Track” features. We do not override these settings or options. However, in order to access certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of the Site, you may be required to provide us with certain information, including some types of personal information. If you do not wish to provide such information through the Site or if you opt to utilize the aforementioned privacy features of your computer system or web browser, you may be unable to obtain certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of the Site.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have certain data protection or privacy rights.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, residents of the European Union have the following rights, subject to exceptions and limitations:
- The right to request a copy of personal information we have about you.
- The right to request that we delete your personal information when we no longer have a legal reason to retain it.
- The right to request that we correct any incorrect or incomplete personal information about you.
- The right to opt-out of marketing communications and to object to our keeping your personal information if we have no right to do so.
- The right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, which means we would retain the information for your benefit but would not use it.
- The right to request that we provide some of your personal information to you or a third party in a machine readable format.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), residents of California have the following rights, subject to exceptions and limitations:
- for certain categories of personal information, the right to request a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties;
- the right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information, the categories of your personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information;
- the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you;
- the right to opt out of our sale(s) of your personal information (if any); and
- the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please submit a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 800-478-1904. If you are a California resident or other applicable law allows it, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
The security of your information is important to us and Type:A is committed to handling such information carefully. We use reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information that we collect, which are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your information. We use secure socket layer technology to protect the security of your payment information and we encrypt your personal information when it is sent over the internet. However, no system is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide to us.
Third Party Websites
Questions or Concerns
If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns regarding privacy, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com; we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Last Updated: 6/29/20